Aadhaar is a Hindi word which means foundation. Similarly, Aadhaar Card is portrayed as the foundation of everything that a citizen of India does. To explain things in a better way, Aadhaar is like social security number and Aadhaar number comprises of 12 numeric digits. The card is issued by the government of India and the only citizen of India are entitled to get Aadhaar card. In addition to this, the issuing authority of Aadhaar is called UIDAI. UIDAI stands for Unique Identification Authority of India.
What is Aadhaar Card?
Aadhaar card has details like the name, year of birth, address and photograph of the person and it is widely accepted around the country. In addition to this, Aadhaar also stores biometric data like the fingerprints and iris scan. With time, the government has made it mandatory to have Aadhaar and without an Aadhaar card, you can’t avail many benefits offered by the government of India.
How to Download E-Aadhaar Card Online?
It is very easy to download Aadhaar card through online medium and the best part is that the online version of Aadhaar card is accepted as a valid ID and Address proof. If you ever lose your Aadhaar card then you can simply go ahead and download an online copy of Aadhaar card. Here is how you can do it.
The first step of the process is to go to the UIDAI portal set up by the government. You can navigate to the portal by clicking here.
Once the portal is displayed, you can navigate to the Aadhaar Enrolment tab and click on Download Aadhaar. If you are unable to find the link, you can click here to be redirected to the right page.
There are two options to download aadhar one is Aadhaar Number (UID) or second is Enrolment Number (EID). So you can choose anyone.
Now in this step, select the enrolment number or the Aadhaar Number through the radio button. After this, enter the Aadhaar or the enrolment number depending on the selection.
In the next step, enter your name, pin code, and captcha code. Verify the details once again and click on Get One Time Password. This will trigger an OTP request on the system.
Enter the OTP in the designated area and click on Validate and Download Button. The Aadhaar card will now be downloaded on and saved on your system
The Aadhaar card downloaded is in PDF format and for the security reasons, the file is protected by the password. The password of the file is first four letter of your name and your date of birth.in YYYY format. So for example, if your name is Anubhav and your birth year is 1994 then the password for the file would be ANUV1994.
You can get the copy of this file printed in colors and then you can laminate it for the regular use.
You would have heard a lot about Aadhaar card as it is making news every day. The government is advising people to link Aadhar card with various things like a bank account, mobile number, investment accounts, LPG Account, PAN Card and much more. If you are not aware of what exactly Aadhaar is all about then here is a basic guide to Aadhaar Card. Checkout the various question about Aadhar so as to understand the system better.
What are the Benefits of Having an Aadhaar Card?
Aadhaar card comes with many benefits and moreover, it is mandatory to have Aadhaar card. Here are the benefits of the Aadhaar card.
- Direct Benefit Transfer– The government is using Aadhaar card for the direct benefits transfer. This means that the LPG subsidy can directly reach into the account of the subscriber. This is preventing leakage in subsidy and the saved money is used for public welfare.
- Jan Dhan Yojana– It was mandatory to provide Aadhaar card for Jan Dhan Yojana and in addition to this, the account also offered life insurance to the account holder. All this is made possible with help of Aadhaar card.
- Passport in 10 Days– Previously, it was a difficult task to get the passport even in a months’ time but with help of Aadhar card, it is possible to get the password in just 10 days.
- Digital Locker– You can also access the digital locker set up by the government with help of Aadhaar card.
- EPIC– EPIC is the term given for the linkage between the Aadhaar and Voter ID. This will help the government in eliminating bogus votes which will implement democracy in the true
- Pension for Retired– Because of Aadhaar, it is now easy to receive a pension and it takes just about a day for the pension to be processed. There are no delays in pension disbursement now.
- Bank Account and Investment Account– It is mandatory to link Aadhaar Card with a bank account and this would slowly and steadily eliminate the black money from the economy.
- Income Tax– It is also mandatory to link the Aadhaar card with PAN Card and this will ensure that one person doesn’t have two different PAN cards and this will enable the government to ensure that each person is paying the tax as he should be paying.
- SIM Activation– It is now possible to get the SIM activated within seconds and this is made possible with help of Aadhaar card.
- Government Policies and Ration Card– Government has made it clear that it will only provide benefits of various government policies only if the person has Aadhaar. In addition to this, the ration at subsidized rates will be given to Aadhaar holder and this will ensure that the benefits reach the right person.
These were some of the frequently asked questions about Aadhaar card. For any query, you may call the helpline set up by the government.If in case you do not have the Aadhaar card then it is high time and you must go ahead and apply for the Aadhaar card.